Thursday, November 29, 2012

Know it all

Our choice
to control our own actions
is all we have control over

DAMMIT!!
why am I always the one that has to change??

Our voice
might offer the best choice (we know it does)
in our expert opinion

do you know how experienced at life I am????  DO YOU????

Thank you for your input.

But I will be choosing that other
(inferior) way...

ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME???
Because I'm TALKING ABOUT ME AND I HAVE SOME PRETTY INTERESTING STORIES ABOUT ME
AND IF YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOOD FOR YOU
you would be listening pretty darn hard right now because MY STORIES are a gift
and if you knew what was good for you YOU COULD BE DOING THINGS
JUST LIKE ME AND (I'm pretty sure)YOUR LIFE WOULD BE AWESOME

(because right now I am setting a pretty compelling example of awesome)

HEY HANG ON A MINUTE...COME BACK HERE...I'M NOT DONE...

DAMMIT...why am I yelling when you are not even appreciating my efforts

hey this is really exhausting,
doing all this for you
sorting your life out for you

A thank you would be nice.
I'm working pretty hard here.

Again, all we have is the choice to
control
not everyone else in the room
(no matter how much we know better)
but our response
exercising calm

BUT YOU ARE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE
NOT FOLLOWING MY ADVICE

Of course this is true

from your point of view.

But

are we in the business of knowing what someone else is feeling?
Thinking?
Playing God is hard work

It might be easier to just
let you make your mistakes
and exercise the only control I have...
my choice to
be here
for you
when you ask
for me

No comments:

Post a Comment